Here are some of the projects I’ve made. On my old website I had other projects such as my file manager called Pendragon and website statistics system Jawstat, however since those are horribly outdated and unusable now I decided to not include them below.
This Perl script reads XMLTV files and imports the usable data into VDR. There is another similar script called xmltv2vdr but when I tried it, it did not work. From what I could tell it was outdated and I noticed it did not use the XMLTV Perl module. I decided to redo this tool and call it xmltv2vdri; the -i suffix stands for “improved”. My version has much cleaner code and properly parses the XML data using the XMLTV module instead of regular expressions. Download available here.
Ragnarok is a simple graphical client for MPD (Music Player Daemon) that I made a long time ago. It uses GTK+ 2.x and libmpd and is fairly stable but considered alpha software. I don’t maintain this project anymore but I still use it nowadays without any change to the code. The source code was available on gna.org but that service has been shut down unfortunately.
Back around the year 2000 I hacked together this project to provide an easy-to-use menu with some neat (Sound Blaster) start-up sounds on my 16MHz 286. Please note that the Installer may not work on a modern computer anymore since this was designed for a 286 running DOS.